DREAM Dachshund Rescue

I am amazed every day by the capacity of dogs to love and forgive the human race. I hope to give people a better understanding of what rescue is and why rescue is needed. The road is heartbreaking and frustrating. I meet so many dogs with such sad histories. And then I see them turn themselves around, with love and stability, and I think this is the happiest road there is, as well as the saddest. For the doggies, always the doggies. www.dreamdachsierescue.org

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Luke and Arthur - happy dachshunds!

This morning is a very happy day. Luke, our little foster who is still recovering from his spinal surgery (he will never walk normally, I don't think), and Arthur, our scrappy little foster who used to be so afraid of everyone, are wrestling in the kitchen! They are so cute. Luke bounces up and down on his front legs, and Arthur prances in a circle around him. You can tell they're having a great time. Both of them are wagging like crazy. I remember the first time I saw Luke's tail wag after his surgery.

Moments like this make it all worthwhile.

One day I will see both Luke and Arthur find their new forever homes, and I will cry, but I will be so happy for them at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home