DREAM Dachshund Rescue

I am amazed every day by the capacity of dogs to love and forgive the human race. I hope to give people a better understanding of what rescue is and why rescue is needed. The road is heartbreaking and frustrating. I meet so many dogs with such sad histories. And then I see them turn themselves around, with love and stability, and I think this is the happiest road there is, as well as the saddest. For the doggies, always the doggies. www.dreamdachsierescue.org

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Luke gets his turkey jerky -- that is, aquatherapy


Back to the water therapy today. He did great! He loves the turkey jerky and will put up with almost anything to get it. He stood in the water for a full 10 minutes on his own. The vet said that just the water pressure alone is therapeutic for his legs. He is also doing better standing on his own, outside the water. If I position his legs correctly, he can stand for a few seconds. Eventually he sinks down back into "waterski" position, but I bend his legs back under him, widen his stance, and he stands again patiently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home