DREAM Dachshund Rescue

I am amazed every day by the capacity of dogs to love and forgive the human race. I hope to give people a better understanding of what rescue is and why rescue is needed. The road is heartbreaking and frustrating. I meet so many dogs with such sad histories. And then I see them turn themselves around, with love and stability, and I think this is the happiest road there is, as well as the saddest. For the doggies, always the doggies. www.dreamdachsierescue.org

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Luke moved his foot and leg!


Last night as I was giving Luke his foot massage (I never thought I would start a sentence that way), his toes curled around my finger, and his little leg pushed back at me. He kept doing that for about 30 seconds, enough time for me to say, "Craig! Look at this!" and Craig could see it too. During all of this, he was looking up at me, with this really smug expression on his face.

He is getting much better about staying in the crate and not fussing. As long as I keep up with expressing his bladder, he does not have an accident (although I sometimes get peed on when I pick him up to take him outside.) I would still like to explore the drug for bladder control, but that can wait until we figure out what is going on with his legs. I am so proud of him!

His wheelchair is on the way -- I got an email from www.dogstogo.net last night. They are even giving Luke a discount for being a rescue guy.

Big news for Luke. As I write this, I have his crate on the dining room table next to me, so he can look out the window and bark at the neighbors. It keeps him a lot happier than being on the floor where he has little to entertain him.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Moved his foot and leg!!! That's so exciting!! And what you do for your foster kids is incredible. I'm very proud of you.
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home